LAW 421 Week 4 – Cold Case Trucking Solutions
Read Theory to Practice on page 270 of the textbook (Chapter 10). Use the textbook and at least one other peer-reviewed source to support your answers to the six questions that are based on the scenario about Crusoe and Cold Case Trucking. The substantive portion of the paper (not including reiteration of the questions) must be at least 750 words in length..
1. What is Crusoe’s agent classification? What factors should CCT analyze in making this determination.
What is Crusoe’s agent classification? What factors should CCT analyze in making this determination?
Crusoe’s agent classification is an “independent contractor”. CCT provides only direction for the completion of tasks and does not provide a direct supervisory role of Crusoe. The IRS three-prong test would be the primary way this classification is made. The three components of the test include Behavioral, Financial, and Work Relationship. In regards to behavioral, Crusoe maintains independent freedom on how to perform project tasks. Financially, Crusoe is paid only when the invoice is submitted, as a opposed to a regular paycheck. The work relationship is focused on a single project and is clearly not an ongoing commitment, despite that fact that Crusoe is making a full time effort on the project currently.
Textbook: The Legal Environment of Business 1st Edition
Course: LAW 421 Week 4
Related LAW 421 Week 4 Topics
LAW 421 complete course
LAW 421 Week 1 DQs.doc
1. To what extent does succession planning—such as for wills, estates, and trusts—affect business? How might these legal topics interact with your current or past job or industry?
2. What are the differences between substantive law, procedural law, criminal law, civil law, common law, and statutory law? Provide examples of each. What U.S. Constitution amendments were implemented to protect the rights of businesses and organizations?
LAW 421 Week 1 Individual Role and Functions of law paper.doc
LAW 421 Week 2 DQs.doc
1. What are the elements of negligence? How does an intentional tort differ from negligence? Provide examples. How does the strict liability doctrine apply to the practice of accounting? Provide examples.
2. What types of intellectual property are used at your organization? How are they protected? What are the advantages and disadvantages of a noncompete clause as opposed to a nondisclosure clause? What privacy and security issues arise when conducting business on the Internet? Provide examples.
LAW 421 Week 2 Individual Paper.doc
LAW 421 Week 2 Team Weekly Reflection paper.doc
LAW 421 Week 3 DQs.doc
1. What are the essential elements necessary to form a valid contract? Provide examples of each. Under what conditions can contractual duties be modified? When does promissory estoppel apply? Provide an example.
2. What is the difference between a material breach of contract and a nonmaterial breach of contract? What are some examples of legal and equitable remedies available for breach of contracts? What are some legal excuses for nonperformance or other grounds for discharge of contracts? Provide examples.
LAW 421 Week 3 Individual Paper Article Review.doc
LAW 421 Week 3 Team Paper Case Scenarios.doc
LAW 421 Week 4 DQs.doc
1. How does the UCC define a good? How does the UCC define a merchant? How are the UCC requirements different for a merchant versus a nonmerchant? Provide examples.
2. What are the UCC principles of good faith and reasonableness to sales contracts? What are the different ways that title transfers under UCC Article 2? Which party bears the risk? What distinguishes a sale on approval, sale on consignment, and sale or return under UCC Article 2?
LAW 421 Week 4 Individual Paper Case Scenario.doc
LAW 421 Week 4 Team Weekly Reflection paper.doc
LAW 421 Week 5 DQs.doc
1. What are the elements of a crime? What are some examples of crimes that do not require scienter? What constitutes criminal conduct according to the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (1970)? What are the consequences of engaging in these activities? Provide examples.
2. What are some examples of ethical decision making that occur in your past or present job or industry? What are some of the challenges to business ethics faced in today’s business environment? Provide examples.
LAW 421 Week 5 Individual Paper Article Review.doc
LAW 421 Week 5 Team Paper Case Scenarios Presentation.pptx
LAW 421 Week 5 Team Weekly Reflection paper.doc
LAW_421_complete_course.zip (2015.81 K)[
LAW 421 Week 4 DQs.doc (18432 K)
LAW 421 Week 5 DQs.doc (17920 K)
LAW 421 Course Syllabus.doc (110592 K)
LAW 421 Week 1 Individual Role and Functions of law paper.doc (30208 K)
LAW 421 Week 2 Individual Paper.doc (31744 K)
LAW 421 Week 2 Team Weekly Reflection paper.doc (17920 K)
LAW 421 Week 3 Individual Paper Article Review.doc (31744 K)
LAW 421 Week 3 Team Paper Case Scenarios.doc (50176 K)
LAW 421 Week 4 Individual Paper Case Scenario.doc (31744 K)
LAW 421 Week 4 Team Weekly Reflection paper.doc (16896 K)
LAW 421 Week 5 Individual Paper Article Review.doc (30720 K)
LAW 421 Week 5 Team Weekly Reflection paper.doc (29696 K)
LAW 421 Week 5 Team Paper Case Scenarios Presentation.pptx (1922627 K)
LAW 421 Week 1 DQs.doc (16384 K)
LAW 421 Week 2 DQs.doc (15872 K)
LAW 421 Week 3 DQs.doc (14336 K) ]...